HR and Learning and Development Skills Coach (Assessor/Tutor)
Leicester based with some travel out to learners occasionally
Permanent Full Time Monday to Friday
£32k plus 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, CPD, Birthday off, support, 3% pension contribution, Healthcash plan, work from home/hybrid, purchase additional holidays, employee assistance, mileage and expenses
Our client is a leading national training provider delivering Apprenticeship programmes throughout the UK. As an OFTSED Grade 2 ‘Good’ provider, they specialise in Apprenticeship training across a diverse range of Professional Services and Supply Chain & Logistics sectors including Leadership, Management, Freight Forwarding, and Customer Service.
As a Skills Coach you will be delivering HR and L&D Apprenticeships to level 5 including CIPD qualifications to a maximum caseload of 40 learners. Your focus will be to support learners to reach their goals through effective teaching, coaching and learning. This is a hybrid role; you will be home based with an expectation to visit learners occasionally.
The role will involve:
Manage a caseload of learners and support them to achieve their apprenticeship, as well as any additional requirements such as a CIPD qualification through to Gateway and successful End Point Assessment
• Coach apprentces in HR/L&D by guiding, supporting, providing accountability and encouragement
• Supporting apprentices remotely to provide teaching through workshops, coaching and assessment via virtual learning platorm
• Establish positive working relationships with clients
• Be able to communicate and articulate constructive feedback at all levels
• To facilitate the enhancement of work performance, self-directed learning and personal development
• Prepare, agree and review apprenticeship learning plans
• Support those learners who require Functional Skills maths and/or English at Level 2
• Challenge and develop apprentice’s skills and abilities to enable them to achieve the best performance results
• Tracking and reporting progress of planned learning to achieve end-point assessment
• Be quick to problem solve and produce solutions to any learning or development barriers to apprentice’s
• Providing observational and specific feedback, encouraging the apprentice to self-assess their performance and readiness for achievement
• Coming up with appropriate solutions for your learners, to ensure they have the best experience and develop their interest and career
• Identify and support learners with additional learning needs and liaise with the learner welfare team to support this
• Take responsibility to ensure Safeguarding, PREVENT, British Values, Health, Safety and Wellbeing and equality, diversity and inclusion are promoted and monitored continually in all areas of the job role
• Support all apprentices in their career planning and next steps
You’ll be joining a leading national training provider at an exciting time of growth and expansion, working in a friendly and supportive environment in an organisation with a strong focus on people and culture.
To apply for the role of HR Learning and Development Skills Coach (Assessor/Tutor) please email your cv to t[email protected] or call 0161 320 3793 / 07866625747
Tina Lacey Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work/employability sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process.